Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pray for James MacDonald


My friend and partner at WALK IN THE WORD has recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. You can read more about it on the STRAIGHT UP blog, but I wanted to also ask you to pray for James and Kathy as they endure this trial. Knowing James, we will all learn from his experience as he looks to the Lord and His Word for comfort and perspective. I can't wait to see how God will use this trial in his life-- and ours.

James and I still smile when we remember our first conversation. It was on a flight to California and we were both headed separately to the National Religious Broadcasters convention. At the time, I was the gatekeeper for new programs being added to Moody's satellite program schedule, so I was already bracing myself for an onslaught of requests from ministries that could only HOPE to be on Moody. I was already in a mode of non-commitment as a shield around me as I settled into my seat for the long flight. Up the aisle walks James headed straight for me. After some small talk, he kindly asked what the possibility of getting WALK IN THE WORD on Moody was. I laugh even now of how I TOTALLY brushed him off with some lame answer. Well, despite me, WALK IN THE WORD did make it on Moody and the ministry is thriving. Imagine my feelings when James later asked me to become the co-host. Thankfully, James doesn't hold grudges :) Working with him has become one of the key highlights of my radio ministry.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At April 7, 2009 at 10:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful ministry you do. I am also praying for Pastor James. For the past 2 years, WITW has changed my life and saved me from a useless existence. It was nice to read your personal recollections of meeting Pastor James. I love the chemistry that you both have on the air. I look forward to each broadcast and pray for that ministry which is touching lives around the world.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home