Thursday, May 15, 2008

The New Adventures



As of today I have to change the name of this blog from “Adventures In Radio” to “Adventures in Audio”. Why? Well, the alliteration IS better. But that’s not the only reason. I got thinking about this while participating in a Dan O’Day tele-conference call with voiceover legends Pat Fraley and Dick Orkin. Towards the end of the call, Dick mentioned that even though his company is named “Radio Ranch”, digital technology has opened all kinds of new doors that have nothing to do with radio. I should know this as well as anybody. Since starting my company, all kinds of opportunities have cropped up that, when you stop and think about it, have little or nothing to do with radio. I don’t think radio is going away, but it’s exciting to add podcasts, audiobooks, Internet streaming, and who knows what else down the pike to what we do. As the old saying goes, “I’m not in the railroad business, I’m in the transportation business”. As for me and my house, we're in the audio business.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home