Sunday, April 6, 2008

Stowell Still Proclaiming


Back when I was a freshman in college, little did I know that the local pastor at the church I attended would end up impacting my life for a long time.  The young pastor in his first church at that time was Joe Stowell.  Many years later we ended up working together at Moody Bible Institute (well, to be honest he WAS the President and I was on the radio staff).  It took awhile after Joe came to Moody for us to convince him to do a daily radio program, but eventually we did PROCLAIM together for about 9 years.  Those were rewarding days of ministry together.  
After Moody, Joe and I did some webcasting in a program called STRENGTH FOR THE JOURNEY, which you can listen to online here when you click on STRENGTH FOR THE JOURNEY messages.
Joe is now the President of Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids, MI.  Will he ever do a daily radio program again?  You'll have to ask him :)
All this month, Joe is commuting back to Chicago to preach at Harvest Bible Chapel.  If you'd like to hear the sermon he gave this morning on John 4, the woman at the well, you can listen online.  He's still proclaiming Jesus, and God still uses his ministry in my life after all these years.

1 Comments:

At April 18, 2008 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I still enjoy his teaching ministry, so I put up a Facebook page pulling in the RSS and podcast feeds from his excellent program. Facebook users can find it here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Strength-for-the-Journey-with-Joe-Stowell/12732350734?ref=nf

Brother-in-Christ,
Paul

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home